Thursday, August 11, 2011

Varsity Volleyball Proposal

CAS Activity Proposal Form
(To be signed by the supervisor)

Answer the pre-planning questions to help you identify your goals for the activity.
 (You can use TAB, the ARROW keys, or your mouse to navigate to the necessary fields.)

Student’s
Name 
Felicia Lin
Supervisor’s Name
 Mr. Andrew Wilcox
Year  12
Activity Name
Varsity Volleyball
Date(s) / Duration of Activity
August 10 – October 8

What is my past experience with this activity?
I have been in varsity volleyball for two years now and have improved greatly since the first year. I enjoy playing volleyball very much as well as working with my coach and teammates. I was benched for the first year and after gaining more experience, became captain the second year of joining volleyball.

What new learning or skill do I hope to pick up or develop?
A new skill that I wish to acquire is a consistent, strong, controlled over head (open hand) serve, so that I would be able to aim and hit wherever I want. I wish to develop a more consistent top spin, whether it is in my serve or my hit. I hope to be able to hit a quick, short set in the middle without running into the net. I also hope to become a smarter and louder player on the court and learn how to improvise in order to get the best results.

How will this experience be different from that of the past?
This experience will be different from that of the past because both my team and I have matured, whether it is our skills or our attitudes. I have become more confident on the court than before and hopefully that would produce better results in our practices and games.

How am I going to know if I am making progress in achieving the goal/s I have set?
I will know that I am making progress when my open hand serves become more consistent and goes straight or downward straight towards my target, when my spike has a consistent top spin, when I could jump high enough to hit a quick set, when we win more games due to communication and good decision making.

Goals  What is/are your goal/s for this activity? What do you hope to achieve?
I hope to become better at communicating with my teammates and improve my own personal skills in serving, passing and hitting. I hope to take on new challenges and push my skills to the limit. I also hope to excel at what I’m good at and improve in what I need to work on. 

Impact  Who will benefit from this activity? How?
I will benefit from this activity since it will allow me to become a better athlete, better at teamwork, better in communication and would help me understand my own strengths and weaknesses as well as those of my teammates. 

Timeline  Where, how often, and for how long will the activity take place? (specific dates whenever possible)
Aug. 10 – Oct. 8, 2011
Every school day, after school from 4 – 5:30 pm
In the school’s gym

Student’s Conforme:

I will commit to the activity at the above-stated time/s and given duration to the best of my abilities. I understand that it is my responsibility to see this activity to its completion, and once approved, can only be cancelled through negotiation with the supervisor and the CAS Coordinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment